DON’T LET THEM CATCH YOU!
We are hearing increasing stories of people falling foul of the sticker-less registration process currently in Queensland. As we all know, in the past you were issued a registration sticker for your vehicle that was used, among other things, to remind us when our registration was due. It worked because it was so visible.
Now Queensland has migrated to a sticker-less registration system, you are liable for the registration, even if you did not receive the renewal notice at your nominated address. Not being notified does not reduce your duty of care.
The fines are between $400 and $800 so WATCH OUT! If you are caught you will be asked to return home or they have the option to impound the vehicle … very inconvenient if you are on holidays.
Our tips …
- Download this app which will help you keep track of your registrations …
- Call Queensland Transport (Department of Transport and Main Roads) an ensure that your delivery preference is changed to email (This is on a per license basis so all members of the driving family need to call due to privacy).
- Use the same email address for all registration update reminders.
- Call DMR and request the renewal dates of all registrations and load them into your smartphone with a set reminder.
- Be aware that if you pay online it can still take 2-3 working days for the payment to be processed … You can still be fined.